Insomnia – Treat it Yourself
Hallucinations, dead darkness, and sleepless night all belong to insomnia. Are there nights in your life when you cannot sleep even after getting tired? I am sure many of us spend nights anxiously seeing the clock tick at 6 a.m. Witnessing sunrise without a well-slept night is a curse. It is a disorder that leaves a person incapable of sleeping at night.
Why & Whats of Insomnia
There are multiple causes of insomnia. The disorder cost high as it takes a massive toll on your mood, workability, and mood during the followed day. Chronic or severe insomnia can lead to serious health problems. If you think that you are getting prey to insomnia, it is your time to handle it at earliest. It is a basic fact that every living creature needs doses of sleep depending upon body fatigue. Quality of sleep is another vital factor. If a person sleeps 4 hours peacefully, it is much better than the one who struggled 8 hours to doze off in the bed and could not make it to a healthy morning.
Treat it Yourself
A ray of hope is the fact that you can overcome it by adjusting sleep schedules, mending health habits, and meditation. We picked up a few items that you may like to put on the to-do list for a night of better baby sleep.
- Differentiate between sound and noise. Noise is ear piercing and can cause harm to peace.
- Inappropriate lighting, bright colors, and extreme temperature can make it hard for a human to sleep.
- Try resting on softer silk pillows as they are known for stimulating better sleep.
- Timing is perfection. Train your biological clock to alarm at the same time every day.
- Early to bed and early to rise never goes out of fashion. The same rule applies to sleep and getting up at the same time.
- Regulating your sleep schedule can surely provide comfort.
- Strictly avoid screen-time before bed.
- Electronic devices emit light and rays that disrupts sleep.
- Try reading at least a leaf of book or pen down the thoughts of the day before going to bed.
- Also, letting a situation or matter to tap on your nerves before bedtime is hazardous to sleep.
- Try not to attend work or stressing conversation with anyone.
- Moreover, daytime naps can also be helpful to make you fall to sleep peacefully at night.
Saying no to the following can also help in getting better peaceful sleep at night. There are few things that one can avoid in case he needs better sleep.
- Avoid taking caffeine at least six hours before bedtime.
- You might have to stop intake even earlier if caffeine causes side effects in your case.
- Another problem that disrupts our sleep is the heavy bladder.
- Limit the liquid intake at least 1.5 hours before bedtime.
- Food can also contribute to delivering or disturbing peaceful sleep.
- Try not to eat acidic and spicy foods for evening meal or dinner.
- They can cause heartburn and multiple stomach issues leading to sleepless nights.
- Similarly, the right foods can help you sleep better.
- Those foods are chamomile tea, walnuts, almonds, and many more.
Insomnia can occur by many other reasons like medications, stress, and illness. Chose to environmental and changes in routines to fight insomnia. If your insomnia is because of other severe or chronic issues, you might seek an expert opinion. And of course, meditation never hurts if you are finding a way out of stress. Who doesn’t love a peaceful sleep that results in a healthy, happy, and lively mind and body?