Organizing – a path to success
Success in business is only the outcome of working within a system. The same is true with the success of an individual. Working in mess and creating clutter around, causes a distraction that eats away the time and energy. It badly affects productivity. Studying the strategies adopted by successful organizations can better help in mending the ways to develop result-oriented systems. Organizing is a methodology to develop systems for streamlining the work process to achieve success through meaningful work plans. Identifying and using proper tools is of utmost importance for setting up the right targets.
The selection of a suitable audience, reaching them with a clear campaign, and converting them into customers is what every organization is working for. Making them repeat customers and inculcating brand loyalty among them thus is the ultimate goal of any business to grow and stay ahead of competitors. Niche marketing coupled with an interactive marketing campaign can lead to achieving the estimated market share and revenue generation. All of it is only possible through organizing the if the processes.
Reasons to Organize
Defining the reasons why organizing is vital for getting results. Be it an individual or an organization behavior count a lot. It is the process of changing habits. It all starts with the attitude tilted towards confidence, professional approach, and consistency. The following are some reasons why organizing is important in personal life as well as for success in business.
- Survival of the fittest is an obvious reason as no one can succeed by making a mess in the days of cut-throat competition.
- The organizational goals are possible to achieve only by working in a system and by following a strictly organized workflow.
- Only well-organized leaders can be a legend. Others only follow.
- Keeping the business relevant, is only a path to survival.
- Business growth is only possible by strictly following discipline.
All of the above are guiding points for organizing individuals (Leaders & Managers) as well as corporate entities. Small successes can be the result of random efforts but real sustainable success is only the outcome of organized functioning.
Goal setting is certainly a path to target achievement.
- The goals need persuasion on a regular basis by dividing the task into periodical targets.
- The results need a review on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as per the schedule requirements.
- The identification of roles and arranging them in a sequence of priorities can better help in designing a deliverable system.
- The roles must be clear, understandable, and achievable.
- Each step is equally important. The priority of steps is only relevant to ensure smooth working.
- The Goal setting must focus on achieving the target as a whole, not any particular activity.
- All relevant minor information like team composition, job description, resource allocation, expense control, etc. must be included in goal-setting documentation.
- The objective must be to clear the clutter by cleaning up the unwanted hazards.
The unbiased evaluation process is the utmost necessary to achieve results. It should be made part of the process to avoid an end-time mess. Avoid waiting for the task to be completed first and then evaluating it at the end. The smart approach however is to make the evaluation part of the process. This can easily be done by introducing an audit on a daily basis. It helps in assessing the speed and direction of the work process.
The pitfalls if any can be addressed and eradicated at the time of the very occurrence. A lot of time and resources can be saved by adopting this methodology. How to get rid of the unwanted? is an important issue. Breaking down the need chart can help. Only consider the items and resources of acute need, putting the rest chorus away. It is always easy to:
Nip the evil in the bud
A saying in Urdu goes like this:-
Eik, Eik, Du GiaraOne is ONE, TWO are ELEVEN
The hard fact is that teams can better perform than individuals. But the question is that what are the format, authority, and powers of a team? The making of a team is an art in itself. Always select the most competent, willing team workers. Trust the team leader and give him a pace and place to perform with his set of designs. It is however not an absolute power as “absolute power corrupts absolutely”.
The ongoing evaluation process (as discussed earlier) provides for the checks and balances needed to keep the team on track. Considering the following can help
- Do deep research for the project.
- Make a winning plan covering all the aspects of work in focus.
- Divide the work among capable teams.
- Make the stakeholders part of teams.
- Attach the performance incentives to initiate healthy competition
Place it Right!
The biggest hurdle in organizing is the misplacement of men and materials. Be it a team, an inventory, stocks, or even the thoughts in mind, the right placement has its importance. Simply you can not find an item you need from the pile of things but you can trace it easily if kept on a shelf with tags on racks.
Similarly, a cluttered mind can never offer a suitable solution to an issue as efficiently as a focused mind can. Keep things in their proper place. It has a vital role in the success of a project. Making things simple, the end-time stock-taking help in putting everything properly back in place.
Learning the lesson from experience is only relevant if it is made a part of the procedure. Putting back everything in order is a way forward to make a half success at the very start of a new project.